Monday, July 9, 2007

More crochet ghosts of Christmas' past........

This is another ghost from my "crochet past" that I made for my sister one Christmas and didn't photograph. She sent this photo to me the other day to remind me. As you can see, it is a snowman doll. I can't remember at all where I got the pattern, except that I believe that it looks like it might possibly be a pattern by Jocelyn Sass. It is one that I would have probably gotten out of a magazine. I have always really enjoyed creating items from her patterns. I also made a gingerbread man pillow one Christmas from a pattern of hers that I kept, but in the move from Lubbock to Fort Worth, I lost track of the pillow and can't find it or the pattern, now. Unfortunately, when I e-mailed and asked her for the pattern, she said she didn't have copyright to it anymore. Jocelyn's blog and information for her patterns can be seen here.

Here is my latest acquisition from the Fort Worth library:


Another book by Jan Eaton. "200 Stitch Patterns for Baby Blankets". It looks like some of the patterns are repeats from her other "200" series books. There are some floral motifs I might be interested in making.

No comments: