Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I'm a Millionaire!

WARNING! MESSY RECIPE AHEAD!!!

I made "Texas Millionaire Candy" or what some people call "Turtles" for Christmas. It is from a recipe that a co-worker from long ago shared with me.


Recipe:

Texas Millionaire Candy

2 Tablespoons butter
1 bag Caramel Candy, unwrapped
2 Tablespoons Water
3 cups chopped pecans
1 package (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 square Gulf Wax

Add butter and water to caramel candy in a microwaveable bowl. Heat until caramel is melted (about 2 minutes). Stir in nuts. Set aside to "firm up". Heat Gulfwax and chocolate chips in a double boiler on the stove. When caramel is firm enough to roll, butter your hands, then roll caramel into balls, dip into the melted chocolate with a toothpick (as you can see by the photos, I didn't use the toothpick method this time). Then place on waxed paper to cool.

In crochet news, still not much of anything going on. I got out one of my "Christmas" boxes and pulled out a few things I made last year, such as these snowflakes, below. I got the patterns for these from Leisure Arts Leaflet #3013, called "99 Snowflakes". As you can see, I still have about 96 to go.....................

And I also found this fast and easy dishcloth that I had forgotten I made. The pattern can be found free, here, and literally takes about 1 hour to make:

FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Cristina Salgueiro said...

Now i must go and make some sweet, that chocolate looks so yummy! Love your crochet snow flakes. I've tried to do some, but they are too big for my tree, maybe next year i must buy a bigger tree for my crafts...hehehehe.

Michelle said...

those look sooooooo good!!! Hope you are enjoying your xmas visit and that you made it safely there and back...