Sunday, January 13, 2008

Amigurumi Weekend

I have finally jumped on the Amigurumi bandwagon. All it took was one look at these, and I was hooked! I have twin grandsons coming in April, so I plan to purchase the pattern soon, however, I have been wanting to try my hand at Amigurumi, anyway, so I searched Crochet Pattern Central for a similar free pattern to practice with this weekend. I found the Monkey pattern below and tried it out with Caron Simply Soft Brites yarn. It was a hit with my 7 year old GS, his 1 year old baby sister, and both of my dogs, who were both desparately trying to make me think that they needed a new toy!


GS won out over all the others, but has instructions to share with, but to also monitor, his baby sister! I tried to be sure the sewn on appendages were strong, in case she pulls on arms, legs, head or tail!

4 comments:

L. said...

The monkey is adorable...great job! Congratulations on becoming a grandmom to twins too!

Mary B said...

He is really cute. I love amigurumi too -- it's quick and the finished result is delightful.

Cristina Salgueiro said...

The monkey is very cute. And the colors are just fine for children.

Oiyi said...

Very cute! My two dogs are always eyeing my knit or crocheted dolls.