Monday, September 22, 2008

Crochet Fish

Just a quick post to show you what I worked on last night while DH was working.




The pattern is by Eboni. I saw it on Ravelry when she completed her first one, and I fell in love with it. Then, after Eboni had the pattern written up, Christy over at My Best Friend calls me Martha made a few for a blanket, and after I saw hers, that clinched it, and made me want to do some, too! The pattern calls for an H hook, but I used an F hook and Vanna's Choice Baby yarn. I tried the H hook that was called for on my first try, which in my opinion, made the fish look gigantic. So I frogged what I had done, and tried again with the F hook. However, I feel like my fish still turned out HUGE. I usually crochet spot-on with gage, but I'm not too sure this time. Also, it was hurting my hands to work the bobbles (but remember I haven't been crocheting much, lately). I will try a few more and see what I think about making a larger project out of it. If my hands keep hurting, I might end up with a potholder instead. :) I Love the pattern, and Eboni's instructions are easy to follow!

No comments: