Saturday, October 25, 2008

Halloween crochet fun!



On Friday I was searching online for some crochet Halloween potholders to make. I wanted something that was cute, but would also be usable. I didn't find any patterns I wanted to make, so I decided to see if I could come up with my own design. After looking through my cotton stash, I found a large cone of "Apple" by Peaches n Cream. I also had odds and ends of both black, white and red. I settled on a basic square pattern in single crochet and came up with "Frankie".

Front of face and hair:

Eyes and nose:

Eyes and nose attached to face:


finished face:

2nd side of potholder: the backside of Frankie's head:


The finished potholder:



Frankie was quick and a lot of fun to make! I plan on experimenting with a couple more patterns and hope to get them done by Halloween, too!

1 comment:

Jzbeanie said...

So cute! I love your blog name , too!!