Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sponge Bob Square Pants


Dd saw my "Frankie" potholder pattern, and the first thing out of her mouth was: "Who gets this one? Hint, hint!" Then: "Can you make me a Sponge Bob Square Pants potholder, too?" How could I say no to trying a Sponge Bob pattern? :) Basically, I am just following my standby "basic" sc square potholder pattern (ch 31, turn, sc in 2nd ch fm hook, sc across, ch 1, turn (30), then sc 30, ch 1, turn for each row, for 30 rows, just changing colors to match Sponge Bob. So far I have his front made, along with the belt and red tie. All that remains is to come up with facial features for the front, and to crochet his backside, then I will come up with his dangling arms and legs. Watch for the final development.......

2 comments:

Christy T said...

hahahahaha! that's very sponge bob!!! great job :)

Oiyi said...

Oh my! Sponge bob is going to be great!