Tuesday, November 11, 2008

More progress

Here is a little more progress on the "red rows" to show on the Spiderman-ghan. I am hoping to be working on to the final blue rounds today, since I am off work for Veteran's Day.
Yesterday, on our way over to the Dallas Museum of Art, a car on the highway in front of us careened off of the road, and landed upside down. Luckily, all 4 people inside (2 adults and 2 kids) didn't appear to be hurt. We waited with them till the Fire Truck and Ambulance arrived. Once we continued on, we stopped and ate at our favorite Vietnamese restaurant, called "My Lan", then afterward went on to Dallas. I hate to say it, but we were both very greatly disappointed by the King Tut exhibit. It was not what we were expecting at all. Not much in the way of display items, and I really feel that we were "mislead" by all the "hype". The only sarcophagus was that of one of King Tut's obscure "possible" great-grandmothers that I had never even heard of. It was mainly a video exhibit and I wasn't impressed, especially for the amount of money we spent. Then we were stuck in the 5:00 rush hour traffic coming home. ARGGGGH! Now I remember why I like living in Fort Worth, instead! :)
Last, but certainly not least, today is Veteran's Day. I would like to remember, and thank, all the Vets, past and present, who have risked their lives or died, so that my family and I could be free!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is coming along very nicely. You should be proud. I liked your top photo of the potholders and monkey. But this one is nice too. I did snag the potholder pattern. Thanks.